Museum Research: 1810 day dress

Heya,

With the Jane Austen Festival approaching fast, I thought I'd share some research photos I took of an 1810 day dress at the Fashion Museum in Bath. It's a pretty little embroidered number that I took quite a liking to. Have any of you tried embroidering your own fabric like this? I might if I thought I would actually finish! It would be a big project.

Details: BATMC 1.09.1237
Cotton fabric embroidered with silk and metal threads,
Earliest date: 1810
http://www.fashionmuseum.co.uk/

If you happen to share any of these photos, please include credit to the Fashion Museum, Bath and the BATMC reference of the garment. Thanks!





The back fastens with ties.




Taken from a chair... it's very hard to get good full length shots of garments on tables :D






The reverse side of the fabric, showing all the stitches.





Comments