It's Carnival Time!





Hey everybody, it's carnival time! Usually I head over to Venice for the festivities, but this year I'm staying put in Blighty, with high hopes of a summer visit to my favourite city instead. But I can't stop thinking about it, so I thought I'd share some of my memories of Carnevale di Venezia with you.

Let's start with a selection of amazing fantasy costumes, in full colour...
... & in black & white. I always enjoy taking pictures of the fantasy maskers. They really know how to pose! (Okay, the last one in this set isn't of anyone in particular, I just really liked the street scene!)


To finish today's offering, a portrait of friends and family. The three to the right, straight out of a Vermeer painting, were skilfully dressed by Nicoletta Lucerna at La Bottega Del Costume. 


That's all for today. I hope you enjoyed my pictures. I have many fond memories of Venice and I might share some more with you soon :)

Do you have any carnival stories or memories of Venice to share?              



                                                                                                         xx

Comments